The Monitoring Solutions Engineer role will be responsible for working with clients who need assistance with managing and setting up New Relic within their company infrastructure. You will be responsible for project management, phone consultation sessions and configuration where you will be relied upon as the expert. Our own experts will assist you in completing tasks and managing the project (we try not to put anyone on an island!)
This 3+ month contract could potentially turn into a full-time position as we are growing our team constantly.
If you think you have what it takes – submit that resume and cover letter!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recommendations for improvement based on a thorough review of business requirements, experience, and best practices
- Customization and Configuration of New Relic
- Client training that includes a live Q&A session, empowering client to manage the instance post go-live
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users, and translate feedback from non-technical users into actionable configuration items
- Ability to prioritize user requests effectively and manage user expectations
- Ability to multi-task
- Proven track record of being able to learn and adapt to a complex environment with multiple dependencies and niche processes
- Systems Administration
- Monitoring and Observability
- Microservice Architecture Troubleshooting
- Intermediate Cloud Infrastructure management experience, preferably AWS
Experience building/maintaining monitoring or observability platforms (New Relic, Datadog, AppDynamics, Grafana, Prometheus, Sensu, Nagios)
- Experience building/maintaining log aggregation platforms (Splunk, Logstash, Greylog)
- Experience implementing and coordinating Distributed Tracing (Zipkin, Jaeger)
- Have you had any New Relic custom instrumentation experience? If yes, Please explain in detail.
- Do you have any general scripting experience (Python, Ruby, Bash)?
- Do you have any browser scripting experience (Selenium)?
- Do you have any additional DevOps skills (Automation, Configuration Management, Source Control Management, etc)?
In 300 characters or less…
Give us an honest insight into who you are, and tell us why we should call you back.