Amazon S3 is object storage. its purpose is to retain and recover any amount of data from anywhere. This data includes things like websites, mobile apps, and corporate applications to mention a few. S3 was built to be durable and AWS thoroughly understands stringent regulatory requirements allowing them to have the most comprehensive security and compliance capabilities. S3 gives you the ability to manage cost optimization, access control, and compliance.
Features & Benefits:
- Durable & Scalable – Available anytime anywhere, Amazon S3 runs on the world’s largest global cloud infrastructure.
- Comprehensive Security & Compliance capabilities – Only cloud storage platform that supports three different forms of encryption. Supports security standards, compliance certifications including PCI-DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, FedRAMP, EU Data Protection Directive, and FISMA.
- Analytics – Allows you to run big data analytics on your without needing a seperate system.
- Flexible Management – Offers a large set of administrator capabilities including reporting on and visualizing storage usage.
- Support – S3 can easily integrate with the long list of other services provided by AWS, as well as offers you things like access to the partner network for things like consulting.
- Data Transfer – S3 makes it easy with many flexible options for transferring your data out of S3 or to other avenues through the internet.
Common Use Cases for S3
- Backup & Recovery
- Data Archiving
- Big Data Analytics & Data Lakes
- Hybrid Cloud Storage
- Cloud-Native Application Data
- Disaster Recovery
Some of the things 729 uses AWS S3 for include serving up images for our own blog, the basis for static websites, and as storage for secure data storage. S3 is also one of our most commonly used AWS tools as an AWS partner.
Drop us a line about your project
Find out how our unique engineering philosophy can bring your project to the next level.