What does a website design consultant do?
So, what exactly do web design consultants do? Let’s take a quick look into what they do and how they can help your business grow and thrive.
A solid web design consultant solves complex problems for their clients and acts as a true partner in their business growth. They will start by opening a dialogue with your business to identify your goals and create a roadmap to site success.
- Website design consulting services specialize in creating user-friendly sites that reliably attract visitors and engage them with your content.
- Your web design consultant not only helps you build site traffic and avoid technical glitches but also delights your audience with easy usability.
- Professional, expert web design shows your visitors exactly what they need at exactly the right moments. It avoids confusing, unnecessary distractions so you can focus on driving your message home.
Through collaboration, you and your website consultant will design a site that looks terrific and functions flawlessly.
How a website design consultant can save you money?
So many people have great ideas, but few website developers or designers have a broad enough base of knowledge to get you through:
- understanding your users,
- mapping out how they prefer to navigate virtual experiences,
- detailing out the technical pieces of the project,
- and estimate a true overall effort to execute from start to finish
We spoke to our founder to learn about the company’s decision to place such importance on including website design consultants in our project planning process. He’s been at this since the 1990s and has worked on countless projects with every type of developer, engineer, and designer you can imagine. Here’s what he has to say about it:
- Developers can tend to over-engineer things, which tends to cause more problems than solutions
- The web design consulting process puts the appropriate guard rails in place
- Designers design for elegance – to ensure that we develop things that help users get to where they need to go with as few steps as possible
- As we’ve said before, it’s not just about pretty pictures. The web consultant actually becomes the drum major – the rest of the project team is all marching to that beat
- The design process is essential to good engineering
- The web consultant ensures that we can fully deliver on your current needs, within your current budget, while also planning for future iterations you will need
- The designer can give us both visuals and workflows – which became the blueprint for the scoping process, and directions for the engineering
All of this to say, web design consultants ensure that we do not over-engineer or under-engineer. This saves time in development (saving time is saving money) while also ensuring your project gets everything it needs and nothing more (or less!).
How website design consulting helps your business thrive?
When you have world-class web design consulting, the design of your site will naturally and organically draw in your target audience. Your website consultant keeps track of all the latest web design best practices so you don’t have to.
- Develop a site that meets the latest internet standards
- Attract attention from search engines
- Bring insights from hundreds of other projects
- Create a site that’s a pleasure to use
- Help build loyal customers for your business
Why is all of this so important?
Consider this fact: The average person now has a shorter attention span than a goldfish.
Goldfish: 9 seconds. Human: 8 seconds.
Good design keeps everyone happy: you, your audience, Google, and all the rest. And that’s a very big deal. After all, the Google algorithm changes a mere 3,000 times a year, which is just slightly challenging to track on your own.
Your website consultant understands the importance of a well-designed website and will help you create a site that covers all key areas of web design:
- Graphic design for the web
- Interface design
- User experience design
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine optimization (SEO) Even helping decide on the right platform (WordPress, Shopify, hard code/languages)
A web design consultant helps you handle all the little details while still seeing the big picture of your online presence. When you add a web design consultant to your team, you’ll instantly gain expert insight from somebody who’s seen it all.